How long do LD's Last

whats the longest a LD can last or whats the average time they last.

It really can vary. I usually see people saying that their LDs are short, and so far that’s mostly how it’s been for me. I think you will start having longer lucid dreams after having practiced them for a decent amount of time. As a matter of fact, last night I had what felt like the longest LD I’ve had yet. While most of my LDs typically range from a few seconds to a few minutes (or so it seems), the LD I had last night felt like it lasted 10-15 minutes.

I’ve seen many people say that their LDs only last a few seconds or a couple minutes, which might be the case for you if you’re just starting out, if that’s why you’re asking. But I think that, over time, they just get longer as you get more comfortable and used to them.

Here is my stats

DILDs: anywhere from 10 - 45 minutes

WILD Shortly after waking up: 45 min to 1 hour

WILD In a nap: Tends to be about a half hour

WILD Shortly before bed: 10 minutes max

WILD with WBTB: usually around an hour

My average LD usually lasts around a minute, though I am working on improving LD length. LD’s can last many minutes, depending on how used to them you are. It may be difficult to get an accurate estimate of longer times in the dream world, however.

For me it usually ranges from 10 min to entire night… depends on how concentrated I am.

Also I can seem to distort time in my dream world enough to dream just for 30 min or 1 hour and make myself feel like I have dreamt all day. It’s an effect that I get from meditating and use some of trancing techniques for inducing LD’s in meditation.

It really depends on individuals and the factors of how focused you are, etc.

COuld you describe these trance and meditations you use, they sound intersting?

Well, it’s impossible to describe it unless you have experienced it, but however, I’ll provide you a basic meditation technique if you’d like me to? You can work from there and progress. That’s what I did and look where I am. :smile: Meditating with your instincts are the best way to progress… not from the books by the way.

Yes, I am intersted in the technique, please explain the basic one to me.

My lucid dreams seem to get progressively longer over the years. However, it seems that I forget more of the LD as the length increases. I usually wake myself up from LDs now so I can record what happened, and enjoy the memories I have. I would guess most of my LDs are usually longer that 10 minutes, and I suppose the 10min mark is where I wake myself up also.

My last LD had 53 seconds I was counting to check it.

The longest LD so far lasted about half an hour. Mostly though they’re about five minutes long.

My longest - about 15min. I’m always in such a rush to do as much as possible while lucid. So some of it’s wasted by me worrying that I’ll wake up any moment.

I usually only have moments of lucidity here and there, which seem to last for only a minute or two.

The other night I had the longest LD I’ve ever had. It’s really hard to tell (or remember) how long it lasted for in terms of time, but I was able to move thru several different settings and observe many objects.

Eventually I was exhausted and consciously decided to go back to normal dreams.

I’m glad I got to boast about this effort in yet another thread, cos i’m still feeling really proud of myself and I think Ive had a breakthru. Like I feel stronger for it, or something.

I’d like to think that I am increasing my LD attention span.

yeah mine usually last from 5-10 minutes, 15 at the most.

usually this is because i forget that i am lucid… like i will be going somewhere with someone and i will get caught up in the storyline and lose ludidity.

either that or my mind will trick me with a false awakening, so i will think im awake and no longer realize im dreaming but think its real. SOmetimes i think my mind is actively resisting lucidity because i have had ALOT of really realistic false awakenings