how do i develop my critical thinking faculty???

yea, like the title. how do i develope my critical thinking faculty. sre there any specific exercises i could do?

do RCs

yes, but don’t just do RC, according to LaBerge after doing RC you should try to find a proof that you’re not dreaming, generally think about it a while, and think what would you do if it was a dream (visualise yourself in a LD in your current surroundings)

I recommend keeping a dream journal as well. This helps with remembering your dreams, and also helps you get to know your own dreams. Doing RC along with your dream journal will greatly enhance what ever DILD technique you are using. Also if you are just starting you need to do RC a lot. I suggest like every ½ hour and any time you encounter something that reminds you of your dreams.

The method pav described works great. You could combine it with lucid living: pay close attention to whatever you perceive and imagine it’s all an illusion as if it’s a dream (you can also do RCs here). Visualize it as vividly as you can, preferably for a few minutes. If you do this very frequently, you’ll become more aware of your actions irl and you’ll live more consciously, thus developping a critical faculty. This awareness will then slowly become incorporated into your dreams, hopefully triggering lucidity.
This combined method takes much effort and works only over a longer period of time. But IF you begin to experience its effects, great LDs are awaiting for you :smile: So it’s important not to give up after a few days if you want some success!
Good luck :happy: